I have been back to school for a couple of weeks now, the first week is spent setting up rules, procedures, and expectations, along with some games and activities to get to know everyone as well as have some bonding fun. After the first week is over, I try to assess all my new students to see what they remember, what they need to review, and how to proceed. I created two quick “snapshots” for math that have really helped so far, for my 2-3 grade class. These snapshots also have an oral part so that I can ask them questions. There are just some things you need to talk to them about. These have been invaluable as it provides a clear picture. I also have a score card that matches the snapshot so I can keep track of each student’s progress.
Blog Hop and Giveaway!
I am participating in a Back to School Blog Hop and Giveaway. The Grand Prize Package has a retail value of $122, and the 2nd Prize Package has a retail value of $88! Here are the amazing products you can win!
- Elements of Fiction Posters
- First Week Back to School Classroom Essentials Bundle
- Write with Me Journal (Common Core Aligned)
- Latin Greek Vocabulary Through the Year, Set 1
- Getting to Know You- A Back to School Math Game for your Class
- Place Value Safari
- Back to School Icebreaker Pack
- Ten Real Life Applicable Area and Perimeter Cards – This one is mine!
- Back to school and end of year foldables
- Common Core Writing and Editing Checklists